Lola Berry is an Aussie-as-they-come, nature-obsessed, yoga-loving Nutritionist. If you haven't seen her on the telly (she's a regular on Sunrise), you might have seen her smiling face in the book store - on the cover of her amazing cook book, The 20/20 Diet Cookbook.The recipes in this book will show even the biggest skeptic that healthy cooking is easy and delicious! And, the awesome news is, she's got another one in the works.
Lola is one lady on a mission to spread the message of health, and she's having a tonne of fun while she's at it - bringing her infectious joy and quirkiness to everything she does. Let's get to know her a little better shall we...
01. We'll start with a bit of background, tell us a little about who you are and what you do with your wonderful life.
I’m a nutritionst, so I guess that makes me a bit of a health nerd. I also teach yoges, love music, write books and talk on telly. For me it’s all about being the best version of yourself. If I can do that an inspire others to do the same then I’m rapt. Job done.
02. Describe what living a big, juicy, healthy life means to you:
- Showing up and being the best you can be
- Taking risks
- Dreaming so big it scares you
- Being honest
- Being real
- And falling in love with as many things as possible
03. How did you get there? What made you chose to take the leap to follow your dreams?
I do the thing that makes time stop for me, so when I’m filming or on some kind of shoot and spreading the health word that way then time stops. That’s then I’m in flow and that’s why I have to live my dreams. Cos it feels right in my heart.
04. Can you share a great piece of advice you’ve been given and who gave it to you?
My baby sitter who used to pick me up from school used to say you can do anything you want to do, it’s up to you.
05. When are you most inspired? What gets you bursting with excitement, leaping out of bed, and losing track of time?
When I’m doing what I love, and I make sure that I’m doing that every single day.
06. What does your perfect day look like?
- Bit of Nature Yoga
- Biophilia, so time hanging out in nature, this is the healing power of Mother Nature
- Doing some kind of ace shoot
- Hanging out in nature with animals too, I love that, my dad’s a vet and I grew up living on top of the vet clinic
- Then falling asleep in a treehouse at the end of the epic day
07. How do you reinvigorate yourself when you’re feeling a little less sparkly and vibrant than normal? How do you get that pesky inner critic to pipe down?
- Get out into nature
- I love to meditate out in nature, it feels like it fixes you instantaneously!
08. I love soaking up the knowledge of the people around me - what is your favourite question to ask people and what kind of answers do you get?
What’s your ultimate dream? Are you living it?
09. What does spirituality mean to you and how do you love to connect with it?
It means honouring your heart and soul, doing what you love and loving who you are.
10. Can you share some of your favourite health tips?
Mindfullness is ace, take a moment to really soak up each experience a little.
Weirdest healthy food or practice you’ve tried? Urine in the eyes, yep I did it. It’s mean to make you see clearer. I’m not sure it did too much, but I did try it!
Favourite travel destination? Hawaii, it’s my favo place to visit, it’s so magical, like Jurassic park mountains behind you while you’re swimming in the most magical waters. Swimming with giant green sea turtle was the best!
Quote you love? Dream so big it scares you.
What cracks you up? Anyone who’s real and can laugh at themselves, that and French bulldogs, I love French bulldogs, they’re very funny.
Who do you think deserves a big high 5? My dad, he’s my hero, him and Steve Irwin are my heros.
Awesome book to read? Hmm, I’m generally reading really nerdy science stuff or yoga spiritual jazz, so I’ll say Osho, he’s books are ace, there’s a real ace one on compassion, the cool love.