Letting go of emotional and binge eating has been a HUGE part of my journey to self acceptance and true wellness on the inside and the outside! (Read more about it here if you like). If you're stuck in a cycle of emotional or binge eating, I feel you! It can be quite a soul destroying and disheartening place to be.
The good news is, you can let it go. You can get to a place where food has far less of an emotional weight and learn to eat only when your body needs to. In today's video, I'm sharing the very best place to begin when you're starting to heal emotional eating habits. This approach might surprise you and I'm betting it's something you haven't tried yet! I'm excited for you to experience the power in taking this step...
Let's break it down - here are your steps for letting go of emotional eating:
1. Let go of your food rules. Simply ask yourself "What will best nourish my body right now?" and let that guide what you eat.
2. Start practicing self love by bringing the intention of self love to day-to-day activities (like moving your body, eating, having a cuppa, meditating, reading a book you love, wearing an outfit that makes you feel great, etc.) and start to make time to do things that fill you up and make you feel great
3. Get in the habit of choosing love! Ask "What would I do if I loved myself?", "What is the most nourishing choice I can make for myself?" before you make any choices throughout your day. (You can even plug these questions into your phone as reminders to keep them front of mind).
To help you as you heal, here are three of my most popular articles on emotional eating:
- Do these 3 things and stop emotional eating for good
- The 12 Tips I Used to Stop Binge Eating, for Good!
- 5 ways to say goodbye to food guilt and love your food
I'd love to know - is emotional eating something you struggle with? Share with me in the comments - I've got so much to say about this topic that I'd love to share with you!
Lots of love,
P.S. If you'd like some support overcoming emotional eating once and for all (it's possible, I'm living proof!) I'd love to help you. My approach is very different to anything you'll have tried before and you'll be amazed at how quickly things can turn around. Find out more about working with me here.